Dec 6, 2010

Cucumber Kim Chee

This week I decided to try a recipe tutorial.  This is one of my favorite pupu dishes currently.  It is also so simple to make and great for potlucks. 

Kim Chee is a Korean dish and is made with all sorts of different vegetables.  The most popular one being with Napa cabbage. 

Ingredients are:

4 cucumbers {just regular cucumbers work best}
1 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt
1 bunch green onion
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 small onion
Kim Chee Base

Semi peel cucumbers like this.



Then you want to cube the 4 cucumbers into bite size pieces.  Cut bunch of green onion into inch, inch and 1/2 in length.  Cut onion into slices.  Mix together with the seal salt and let stand on the counter for 1 hour covered.  Mixing every so often.  The sea salt will bring out the liquid in the cucumber.

Then you want to shake 3 shakes of this into the cucumbers and add sesame oil.  Taste, if enough spice for you then chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.  If you like it spicy than add more of the base until you like it.  Then chill.  I have had a batch in the fridge for up to at least 1 week if it last that long. :)  Enjoy!



Will be linking up with these awesome PARTIES!!!!

Thanks to Stephenie Mahiai for sharing the recipe.

Aloha~ Makalani ~Life is Good~

5 comments:

  1. YUM!! I grew up on Oahu, and LOVED Kim Chee. I haven't had it since we moved almost 10 years ago though. I might have to just wip some up this weekend and introduce the boyfriend to something really yummy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum... I gotta try this recipe... thanks for sharing Maka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New follower from Frugal Fridays! You can visit me at mymodernguide.blogspot.com

    Beki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    It looks like a interestin recipie. Im going to try to make this for my daughter and I. The rest of the family wont go for veggies. lol

    Im your newest follower. Have a great weekend.

    http://pacifierspumpstheworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome- can't wait to try this! Hi there~ I am your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I would love it if you would stop by and return the love :)


    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments of honesty. Please feel free to leave me tips and ideas as well. Thanks for your words of wisdom. I appreciate you! Consider following my blog for more crafty information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails