Aug 3, 2010

Curb Alert Finds

Have you heard of a CURB ALERT before?  Well, if you frequent craigslist like I do in the free section, you might see it.  It is when people put things they want to get rid of out on the curb and post it to craigslist. 
If you are lucky the poster will delete the ad once the items have been removed so you don't make a wasted trip.  Anyway, this particular time the curb alert was around the corner from me.  There was this bench swing, the bird house, a frame of a swing, and a old BBQ grill. 

I have always wanted a porch swing.  But as you can see, it kinda takes up the whole front porch.  So, it might turn out to be a bench for the backyard.  We'll have to see what happens to it.  (Please excuse the leaves everywhere, we are in monsoon season and these leaves just keep coming back.)



I had a client that was moving and leaving these chairs behind so I asked if he minded if I took them to redo.  Funny story :)~  I had regular dinning chairs that I hated, they where the ever popular farmhouse chairs that break very easily, know the ones?  Well, when we moved into our home almost 4 years ago, I decided to finally get rid of them and that would force me to get new dinning table chairs, right?  NOT!  I have been using resin lawn furniture chairs ever since.  Urgh!  So, once I get to it, I am changing out the seats of the chairs and then probably painting the chairs black with some distress sanding involved.


Another agent in my office knows I craft and gave me these.  She said, "I know you can do something with these."  So true.  Love when other people help me with my obsessions.



Linking to these fabulous Parties here.


Aloha~ Makalani ~Life is Good~

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are awesome finds! I love that bench, I have been searching for something like that for my back patio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking at Craigslist freebies and buying and selling stuff off of the site. It's just too much fun! You really scored with the bench swing and the chairs, especially. Yeah! Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent finds!!! Love the porch swing, it will look great whatever you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments of honesty. Please feel free to leave me tips and ideas as well. Thanks for your words of wisdom. I appreciate you! Consider following my blog for more crafty information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails