Aug 12, 2010

Candy Cake

I am sometimes stumped on gifts for young ones and I never know if they already have this or that.  Gift cards are great to give, but I like getting or giving something I put some thought into.  Although this gift might not be always welcomed by the parent it is fun and I have gotten great comments when I have given it as a gift.



These are just a few of the items you will need as well as hot glue gun ans glue sticks.  Oh yeah, and don't forget the CANDY! :)  I got everything at the Dollar Tree except for the cake board.  But you could even just cut out a round cardboard.



I took a 8" cake board and covered it with wrapping paper.  I then tiered the styrofoam rings and hot glued them together and then to the cake board. 

I then poked the huge lollipop down the middle of the cake.  {Side note, it works well to leave the plastic wrap on the styrofoam rings}



Then I layered the candy and attached with hot glue gun.  Added some curled ribbon to the top and WALAH!

Easy, easy.


Always partying with these wonderful linky parties here.


Aloha~ Makalani ~Life is Good~

12 comments:

  1. I love it! I am filing this away for the next birthday present I need. I also have the same problem thinking of kids gifts. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea for a kids gift. It would also be great as a party centerpiece - clever!

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM Thanks for sharing your project at Anything Related! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT IS SO CREATIVE AND CUTE.. so "SWEET" love it! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son would love one of these! thanks for posting. Please link back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this a very fun and clever idea! Just too cute. I will have to remember this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How totally cute! I bet anyone would LOVE to get this as a gift!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great idea! You should share it at my next Pretty Packages Party!
    smiles!

    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your craft! You are so talented! I just signed up to be your newest follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at http://www.modernfamilymagazine.com

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to let you know I featured this today! :)

    http://simpsonizedcraftsandthensome.blogspot.com/2010/08/recap-of-last-weeks-socialize-with-me.html

    (I love your new blog design by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my kids would die to see this coming their way! Such a cute and yummy idea!

    Thanks for linking up at Craftastical!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments of honesty. Please feel free to leave me tips and ideas as well. Thanks for your words of wisdom. I appreciate you! Consider following my blog for more crafty information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails