Jun 29, 2010

Star Spangled Wreath

I have been up to a few projects lately.  This is the newest completed project to my 4th of July ensemble.  I have never really decorated for the 4th before, but since I have had time and inspiration from blog land I decided to start my collection.

I started with these scraps of material that I cut lengthwise from salvage to salvage.  If you are not a very good sewer like I am, you can hand stitch these strips.  Ironing them in half lengthwise helps a lot.  Once you get it stitched, you gather the material down the string to ruffle it up and end up with all of these.


You can make a few of these beauties by edging these around a 1in diameter circle felt and gluing as you go with hot glue gun. 











 I also got a few of these star for $.25 each that I painted with acrylic paint red and white primer paint since I did not have any white in the house.  I didn't have any blue in the house either.




TIP:  I use meat trays to pour paint on to paint with all my projects.  Great recycling!









I then got a wooden wreath from the dollar store and covered it with burlap.  And then hot glued the flowers and stars and other embellishments to the wreath.

I thought it still needed something so I dug out the toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls that I have been saving (for what, who knows) to make firecrackers and covered them with material.  I found these toothpick sparkler like things at Michael's for $.99 for a package of them and glued them to the middle of the rolls to simulate the fuse of the firecrackers.  I wrapped a piece of burlap around the 3 firecrackers to hold them together and then hot glued them to sit inside the wreath like so.  Please don't mind all the dust on the screen door, it needs a good hose down.



I am very pleased at how the project turned out.  I hung it on the front door to welcome visitors. 

Thanks for stopping by and I am linking to:

Visit thecsiproject.com



It's a Blog Party

giveaways

HookingupwithHoH

All Thingz Related

Patriotic Parade at Diary of a Craftaholic

Aloha~ Makalani ~Life is Good~

7 comments:

  1. Holy moly girl, this is so clever I swear. I am so impressed. I am one of those crafter's that save items but don't always figure out what to make with them.
    Great craft. I am stopping in from Tip Junkie today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute wreath! You did such a great job!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! The flowers are adoranle (I have a thing for fabric flowers), and I love the fireworks centerpiece. Very crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love love this wreath- gorgeous
    -bree
    modblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Related!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out so great! I'm going to have to save this one for next year!

    Thanks for Socializing with me Monday til Sunday!

    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments of honesty. Please feel free to leave me tips and ideas as well. Thanks for your words of wisdom. I appreciate you! Consider following my blog for more crafty information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails